AARP Hawaiʻi webinars help kūpuna learn technology, from live streaming to cloud storage
Kūpuna can learn to embrace technology rather than fear it at free webinars offered by AARP Hawaiʻi and Senior Planet.
Eat your lunch and join the noon to 1 p.m. online classes that are on Fridays from Feb. 12 through March 10.
Senior Planet, an AARP affiliate, specializes in creating an online community and classes for kūpuna. It also harnesses the power of technology to change the way we age.
To register, go to https://events.aarp.org/HITech. You can sign up for one or more webinars.The topics cover everything from smart TVs and appliances to Google work tools, cloud computing and virtual payments.
You can also check out aarp.org/hi or the AARP Hawaiʻi Facebook page and click on the Upcoming Events tab to see and register for all the events AARP is offering.
The lunch and learn classes:
- Feb 10: Live Streaming & Smart TVs (watching videos on cellphones or without cable subscription)
- Feb 17: Wearables and the Internet of Things (“smart” watches, refrigerators, home security)
- Feb 24: Introduction to the Google Workspace (using Google website for creating and sharing office documents and files through the internet)
- March 3: Understand Cloud Storage (filing and storing photos and documents for access anywhere with internet access)
- March 10: Introduction to eBay and Paypal (buying and selling stuff on the internet)
- March 17: Introduction to Spotify (listening and watching internet-based music and videos)
Senior Planet also offers a free Technology Hotline at 888-713-3495 for kūpuna with questions about technology or who need help registering and watching online classes. A full list of other Senior Planet webinars can be found at seniorplanet.org