News

No Injuries Reported in Pāhoa Attic Fire on Monday

Play
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio... Article will play after ad...
Playing in :00
A
A
A

No injuries were reported in a Monday morning house fire in Pāhoa.

The Hawai‘i Fire and Police departments responded to a structure fire around 7:30 this morning, Feb. 21 on Ni’ihau Road in Nanawale Estates, the fire department stated. Upon arrival, responders found flames and smoke coming from in between the ceiling and metal roofing.

The occupants of the home and their pets were waiting safely outside. Neither people nor pets required medical attention or Red Cross assistance.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW AD
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW AD

The electrical power was disconnected and the ceiling panels were removed. Insulation between the paneling and the roof was slowly burning. The fire was extinguished around 8 a.m., and additional panels were removed to look for any further fire extension but none were found.

The fire department recommends smoke detectors in homes. Test them at least once a month and replace the batteries at least once a year, the department stated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Stay in-the-know with daily or weekly
headlines delivered straight to your inbox.
Cancel
×

Comments

This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Big Island Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments