DPS: 1 Inmate at HCCC Tests Positive For COVID
The state Department of Public Safety on Monday, Feb. 14, reported one positive COVID-19 test among inmates at Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center in Hilo.
The positive test was among a total batch of four tests administered to inmates reported Monday.
COVID-19 testing is continuously being conducted in state prisons and jails, as well as in the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz.
The latest testing updates for correctional facilities are as follows:
- Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center: Four inmate test results; one positive, three negative.
- Halawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): 100 inmate test results; eight positive, 92 negative. One positive staff test result and three staff recoveries reported.
- Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center: 48 inmate test results; six positive, 42 negative. The one remaining employee out because of COVID-19 has recovered.
- O‘ahu Community Correctional Center: Two staff have recovered. One negative inmate test result.
- Maui Community Correctional Center: Two staff have recovered; 33 negative inmate test results.
COVID-19 updates for other divisions:
- Sheriff Division: One employee has recovered.
The Department of Public Safety continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
For more detailed inmate testing data, DPS’ Pandemic Plan and information about response efforts made to safeguard inmates, staff and the public, visit the department’s dedicated COVID-19 webpage.