DPS: 17 Positive COVID Tests Reported at HCCC
The state Department of Public Safety reported 17 positive COVID-19 test results among inmates at Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center in Hilo and three positive results among staff at Kulani Correctional Facility in Hilo.
The positive results were among a total of 74 tests administered to inmates at HCCC.
COVID-19 testing is continuously being conducted in state prisons and jails as well as in the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz.
The latest testing updates received for correctional facilities are as follows:
- Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center: 74 inmate test results; 17 positive, 57 negative. Three staff recoveries were reported.
- Kulani Correctional Facility: Three positive staff test results and one staff recovery. One negative inmate test result.
- Halawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): 91 inmate test results; 12 positive, 79 negative. One staff recovery was reported.
- Maui Community Correctional Center: 33 inmate test results; Two positive, 31 negative. There have been 15 inmates and one employee who have recovered.
- O‘ahu Community Correctional Center: 38 inmate test results; one positive, 37 negative. One staff recovery was reported.
- Women’s Community Correctional Center (O‘ahu): One positive employee test result.
DPS continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
For more detailed inmate testing data, the department’s Pandemic Plan and information about response efforts made to safeguard inmates, staff and the public, visit the DPS dedicated COVID-19 webpage.