DPS: 2 Negative COVID Tests Reported Among HCCC Inmates
* Updated February 10, 5:14 AM
The state Department of Public Safety on Wednesday, Feb. 9, reported two negative COVID-19 test results among inmates at Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center in Hilo.
COVID testing is continuously being conducted in the state prisons and jails as well as in the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz.
The latest testing updates for correctional facilities are as follows:
- Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center: Two negative inmate test results.
- Maui Community Correctional Center: 37 inmate test results; one positive, 36 negative. There also were 17 staff test results; one positive, 16 negative.
- Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center: Six inmate test results; two positive, four negative. Six employees have recovered.
- O‘ahu Community Correctional Center: Five inmate test results; two positive, three negative.
- Women’s Community Correctional Center (O‘ahu): One positive inmate test result. One employee has recovered.
- Waiawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): One previously reported positive inmate was released. The inmate population is clear of all active COVID-19 cases.
COVID updates for other DPS divisions are:
- Sheriff Division: One employee has recovered.
DPS continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
For more detailed inmate testing data, the department’s Pandemic Plan and information about response efforts made to safeguard inmates, staff and the public, visit the DPS’s dedicated COVID-19 webpage.