DPS Reports 8 Negative COVID Tests Among Inmates at HCCC
The state Department of Public Safety on Tuesday, Feb. 8, reported eight negative COVID-19 tests among inmates at Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center in Hilo.
COVID-19 testing is continuously being conducted in state prisons and jails as well as the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz.
The latest testing updates for the correctional facilities are as follows:
- Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center: Eight negative inmate test results.
- Halawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): 106 inmate test results; seven positive, 99 negative. There was also one positive employee result reported.
- Women’s Community Correctional Center (O‘ahu): 15 inmate test results; two positive, 13 negative.
- O‘ahu Community Correctional Center: 80 inmate test results; one positive, 79 negative.
- Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center: 17 inmate test results; one positive, 16 negative.
- Waiawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): Four inmates and four staff have recovered.
COVID-19 updates for other DPS Divisions are:
- Sheriff Division: One positive staff test result reported.
- Administrative Division: Seven staff have recovered.
- Attached Agencies (HPA, CVCC): One Hawai’i Paroling Authority employee has recovered.
DPS continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
For more detailed inmate testing data, the department’s Pandemic Plan and information about response efforts made to safeguard inmates, staff and the public, visit the DPS’s dedicated COVID-19 webpage.