DPS: 76 Inmates at HCCC Test Positive for COVID
* Updated January 27, 4:53 PM
The state Department of Public Safety reported Thursday, Jan. 27, that 76 inmates at Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center have tested positive for COVID-19.
COVID testing is continuously being conducted in the state prisons and jails as well as in the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz.
The latest testing updates for correctional facilities are as follows:
- Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center: 117 inmate test results; 76 positive, 41 negative. One staff recovery was reported.
- Kulani Correctional Facility: 13 negative inmate test results.
- Halawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): 240 inmate test results; 45 positive, 195 negative; 47 inmates have recovered.
- O‘ahu Community Correctional Center: 71 inmate test results; 19 positive, 52 negative; 53 inmates have recovered.
- Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center: 34 inmate test results; 12 positive, 22 negative. There was one positive staff test result reported and one staff recovery.
- Maui Community Correctional Center: Three inmate results; two positive, one negative.
- Saguaro Correctional Center: One positive inmate test result.
The Department of Public Safety continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
For more detailed inmate testing data, the department’s Pandemic Plan and information about response efforts made to safeguard the inmates, staff and the public, visit the DPS’s dedicated COVID-19 web page.