U.S. Pacific Fleet Commander: Navy Will Fix Water Crisis at Red Hill
Samuel Paparo, Commander of U.S. Pacific Fleet, said Friday during the joint informational briefing hosted by the Legislature, that the Navy is taking responsibility for the water crisis at the Red Hill Bulk Fuel Storage Facility on Oʻahu and that they will fix the problem.
“We appreciate that the Navy is taking responsibility for the recent events related to Red Hill.
The Legislature will work to hold the Navy accountable to fulfill the commitment made today,”
said Rep. Ryan I. Yamane, Chair of the House Committee on Health, Human Services, and
Homelessness, in a press release issued Saturday, Dec. 11.
The joint informational briefing regarding the Red Hill water crisis was convened by the
• Senate Committee on Health,
• Senate Committee on Public Safety, Intergovernmental, and Military Affairs,
• Senate Committee on Agriculture and Environment,
• House Committee on Health, Human Services, & Homelessness,
• House Committee on Corrections, Military, & Veterans, and
• House Committee on Energy & Environmental Protection.