HCCC Reports 2 Active Cases Among Inmates
* Updated July 23, 3:00 PM
Out of 68 inmates recently tested at Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center, two have tested positive for COVID-19. There are currently two active cases in the facility.
Additionally, 17 HCCC staff members tested for virus came back negative with one result inconclusive. Only one active case remains among the employees.
As of Thursday, July 22, 226 inmates have recovered from the virus since the outbreak in late May. A total of 256 prisoners were diagnosed with COVID-19.
With an operating capacity of 226, there are currently 262 inmates currently housed at HCCC.
The Halawa Correctional Facility reports one new positive staff case. The employee last worked Wednesday, July 21. In addition, HCF reported 2 negative inmate test results.
The latest testing updates received for other facilities are as follows:
- O‘ahu Community Correctional Center – 26 negative inmate test results
- Kulani Correctional Facility – 20 negative inmate test results
- Waiawa Correctional Facility – four negative inmate test results
- Women’s Community Correctional Center- two negative inmate test results
- Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center- one negative inmate test result
The Department of Public Safety (PSD) continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID vaccination. For PSD’s Pandemic Plan and more information on PSD’s planning and response to COVID-19, inmate testing data, and information detailing the efforts made to safeguard the inmates, staff and public, visit the dedicated COVID-19 webpage here.