Transfer Station Closures Through May
Due to COVID-19 concerns, the Department of Environmental Management Solid Waste Division is continuing to suspend the following programs and services until May 31, 2020, or until further notice:
- HI-5 Certified Redemption Centers: Visit https://www.hawaiizerowaste.org/recycle/hi5/ for a list of locations and hours for other HI-5 Certified Redemption Centers.
- Reuse Centers: Visit https://www.hawaiizerowaste.org/reuse-2/ for a list of other reuse centers.
- Greenwaste Collection: Suspended at Kealakehe, Ke‘ei, Pāhoa, Kea‘au, Volcano, and Waimea Transfer Stations, but continues to be offered at:
- Hilo: East Hawaiʻi Organics Facility, 7:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. daily (7 days a week)
- Waikoloa: West Hawaiʻi Organics Facility, 7:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday thru Saturday
- Scrap Metal and White Goods Collections: Suspended at the Hilo, Kea‘au, Pāhoa, Volcano, Wai‘ōhinu, Pāhala, Ke‘ei, Kealakehe, Puakō, Waimea, Hāwī, Honoka‘a and Laupāhoehoe Transfer Stations. Visit https://www.hawaiizerowaste.org/recycle/scrap-metal/ for a list of other metal recyclers.
Residents are encouraged to use the other service providers or hold onto their items until collection at transfer stations resume.