Flood Advisory for Kona, Kohala Regions
The National Weather Service has issued a flood advisory for South Kohala and North and South Kona through Sunday evening.
One to two inches of rain per hour are forecast for the next several hours mainly along Highway 190, or the upper road.
A flood advisory means localized flooding may occur. Due to the advisory, the following are issued:
- Stay away from streams, drainage ditches and low lying areas prone to flooding.
- Rainfall and runoff will also cause hazardous driving conditions due to ponding, reduced visibility and poor braking action.
- Be aware that road closures may occur without notice.
- Do not attempt to cross flowing water; turn around don’t drown.
- Be on the alert for malfunctioning traffic signals. Please treat flashing traffic lights as a four-way stop.
This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Big Island Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments
1Cinder Block Moorings Found Resting On Coral Reef Temporarily Postpones Canoe Race In Kona 25 People Injured After Vessel Runs Aground In Kona Waters 364 Cats Kittens Captured At Queens Marketplace Relocated To Big Island Homes 4Former Big Island Drug Dealer Starts Lawn Care Business To Help Himself And His Employees 520 Year Old From Hilo Charged After Injuring His Girlfriend By Kicking Punching 634 Year Old Man Missing From Pahoa