State Conservation Enforcement Officers Being Recruited
The Hawai‘i Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement (DOCARE) is beginning recruitment for Conservation & Resources Enforcement Officer (I) positions to fill vacancies across the state.
“Since these positions do not require any previous law enforcement experience, we expect a large number of people will be interested in applying,” said DOCARE Enforcement Chief Jason Redulla. “We have a limited number of positions available and anyone interested in applying should do so as soon as possible.”
This CREO job recruitment, for both permanent and temporary positions, will be advertised on the State of Hawai‘i jobs website, operated by the Department of Human Resources Development and this is also where people can submit their applications and other required documentation.
Basic qualifications include:
- Minimum age of 21 at the time of application
- Two years of general work experience
- Meet federal and state firearms regulations
- Able to swim 100 meters within three minutes
- Able to hike one mile within 20 minutes
- Valid driver’s license
- Applicants subject to background & fingerprint clearances, pre-employment drug testing
To apply and submit documents online. Recruitment begins Tuesday, March 26, 2019, at midnight.