Southwest Starts Ticket Sales for Hawai‘i FlightsMarch 4, 2019, 7:15 AM HST (Updated March 4, 2019, 2:47 PM)
Southwest Airlines began ticket sales for Hawai‘i destinations on March 4, 2019. The newly-released flight schedule includes California to Hawai‘i, as well as interisland routes. One-way flights from O‘ahu to Maui were posted as low as $28.
The airline will launch its inaugural flight from Oakland to Honolulu on March 17, followed by flights from Oakland to Maui on April 7.
At 6 a.m., the Dallas-based carrier posted the following tweet:
Southwest Airlines (@SouthwestAir) March 4, 2019
Earlier this week, Southwest Airlines received Federal Aviation Administration approval, for Hawai‘i service and said it would lay out details for its service “in the coming days.”
In celebration of the milestone, Customers may now book the carrier’s initial wave of Hawai‘i service through March 5, at Southwest.com/Hawaii with two-day launch fares as low as:
- Flights between both Oakland and San Jose, Calif., and the Islands, now available for purchase through March 5 for as low as $49 one-way.
- Interisland service to begin April 28 between Honolulu and Kahului (Maui), and May 12 between Honolulu and Kona, now available for purchase through March 5 for as low as $29 one-way.
- Visit Southwest.com/Hawaii to learn more about Southwest’s offerings for the Aloha State.
RECAP | SOUTHWEST AIRLINES INITIAL PHASE OF SERVICE FOR HAWAI‘I (chronologically):
- Oakland to Honolulu begins once daily on March 17, 2019; Honolulu to Oakland begins once daily on March 18; the route will be flown twice daily in each direction as of March 24.
- Oakland to Kahului begins once daily on April 7, 2019; Kahului to Oakland begins once daily on April 8; the route will be flown twice daily in each direction as of April 10.
- Interisland service four times daily in each direction between Honolulu and Kahului begins April 28.
- San Jose to Honolulu service begins May 5, once daily in each direction.
- Interisland service four times daily in each direction between Honolulu and Kona begins May 12.
- San Jose to Kahului service begins May 26, once daily in each direction.
SOUTHWEST AIRLINES FARE SALE RULES
$29 Interisland fare: Purchase March 4-5, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. Interisland travel valid April 30 through June 19, 2019. Honolulu travel to/from Kona is valid May 14 through June 19, 2019. Travel is valid on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Saturdays. Fares are valid only on nonstop service.
$49 & $79 fares between California and Hawai‘i: Purchase from March 4 through March 5, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. Continental U.S. to Hawai‘i travel valid March 19 through June 19, 2019. Oakland to/from Honolulu is valid beginning March 19. Oakland to/from Maui is valid beginning April 9. San Jose, CA to/from Honolulu is valid beginning May 7. Oakland and San Jose, CA to/from Kona valid beginning May 14. San Jose, CA to/from Maui is valid beginning May 28. Continental U.S. to Hawai‘i travel is valid Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Fares valid only on nonstop service. Oakland and San Jose, CA to/from Kona valid on single, connecting service.
Additional fare sale rules apply: Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight. Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods. Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away fares. Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply. Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but that’s not guaranteed. Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in forfeiture of remaining funds on the reservation. Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel may require an upgrade to the Anytime fare depending on Rapid Rewards tier status. Fares are subject to change until ticketed. Offer applies only to published, scheduled service.
For more booking information, visit https://www.southwest.com/Hawaii.