Big Island Police Scanner Log: Nov. 21–28
The following incidents reported to the Hawai‘i Police Department were compiled from a digital scanner between Nov. 21 and 28, 2018:
Wednesday, Nov. 21
- A man was reported to be holding a machete yelling and screaming at people near the OfficeMax in Hilo around 6:30 p.m.
- In Kona, a person is standing in a business with pants down around ankles with underwear on. The person refuses to leave.
- Medics are responding to the Puainako KTA Deli to a 40-year-old female employee who slipped and fell around 6:50 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 22
- Medics are responding to a person who was reported to be found unconscious but breathing in a bathtub on Leilani Avenue around 3:54 p.m. The male party is now conscious.
- In Kona, a suspicious person is taking stuff out of a vehicle and throwing it over a guardrail.
- A person complained of loud roosters crowing since early morning hours, creating a disturbance in Kona.
- In Kona, a person was throwing items out a window from a building.
Friday, Nov. 23
- A report has come in a of “escalating domestics” in the Black Sands area of Puna at 7:43 p.m. Parties involved sound intoxicated.
- In Kona, a person wearing only a lava lava around the waist is yelling and screaming at people at random who are walking into a business.
- A person wearing a mask with sparkles was reported to be yelling obscenities in a Kona business center.
- A person ran into a glass window/door in Kohala.
- A suspicious, possibly intoxicated person in Kona, was pushing flower pots and other items over.
Saturday, Nov. 24
- A person complained of chickens in Kona.
- In Kona, people were making residences/home in abandoned vehicles in front of a business and creating a disturbance.
- A body was found on the side of a road in Fern Acres.
Sunday, Nov. 25
- Around 2:30 p.m., a report was made that someone had punched a hole in a county vehicle near the state building in Hilo to steal gasoline from the vehicle.
- Ten possible gunshots were reported in the Panaewa area around 4:06 p.m.
- In Kona, a report was made that someone was throwing food at another person and wanting to remove clothing.
Monday, Nov. 26:
- Medics are responding to a suicide attempt by overdose of pain pills reported on a road off Kaloli Street around 1:42 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 27
- Medics were called to assist HPD with a tree that had fallen across a road in the Waipi‘o/Honoka‘a area around 11:55 a.m.
- Rescuers are responding to a stranded vessel about 300 meters out in the water at Onomea Bay.
- Two people are currently stuck in a Sheraton Hotel elevator. Emergency crews have been sent to extricate them at 1:57 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 28
- A noise complaint in Kona of people talking into microphones; no singing involved. The parties involved were possibly all intoxicated.
- In Kona, a vehicle was left abandoned in the middle of the merge lane, creating a traffic hazard.
- A person with a bike was standing in the middle of the road for a period of time, causing traffic to back up in Kona.
Big Island Now Police Log Disclaimer: Big Island Now is not the originator responsible for this content. This weekly column is comprised of a sampling of information obtained from the HPD using a police scanner. This log is for informational purposes only and not an official report. The log does not infer that the events occurred as reported over the scanner or that a person or persons are officially involved, arrested, charged or guilty of a crime. A portion of this article was compiled from the Hawai‘i Island Radio Scanner Community.