Volcano Winery Raises Record $10K for Volcano School
The 5th annual Volcano Winery Harvest Festival raised a record $10,000 to benefit the Volcano School of Arts & Sciences (VSAS), netting a record $10,000.
The event, held on Sept. 9, 2018, was hosted by Del and Marie Bothof, owners of the Volcano winery.
“This has been a challenging year for all of us, so it’s especially heartwarming to see how our community still managed to step up and even raise more money than ever in support of our kids,” said Marie Bothof. “It’s truly inspiring.”
The evening benefit included raffle prizes for donations from the Volcano community, area businesses, local artists, hotel stays provided by Royal Kona Resort and Surfjack Waikiki Hotel & Beach Club, golfing at Mauna Kea Resort, massage from Hale Ho‘ola Spa, activities from Fair Wind Cruises and Kapohokine Adventures and more.
Proceeds from the benefit will go towards the purchase of a new van to take VSAS students on field trips.
In a press release, Volcano Winery and VSAS thanked Brian Hatayama of Islandwide Canopy Tents for donating tents, tables, chairs and other in-kind support, as well as several local restaurants and businesses including:
- Ira Ono – Café Ono
- Joyce Kekahuna – Eagle’s Lighthouse Café
- Janet Coney & Highway West Vacations – Kilauea Lodge
- Kathy & Ola Tripp – Lava Rock Café
- Scott Thompson – Mehana Brewery
- Tom Smith – ‘Ohelo Café
- Joan Obra – Rusty’s Ka‘u Coffee
- Kittipan Puttakhan – Tuk Tuk Thai Food
- Amanda Leeteg – VSAS Keakealani Kitchen
- Jan Deluz – WikiFRESH Restaurant
- Annie Yamanoha Catering
- Chelsey Hanselman – Hawaii Paper Products: paper goods
- Jason Morton – HFM Food Service: water & soft drinks
- Kuahiwis (TR Ireland, Grant Ka‘au‘a, Kiliona “Moku” Young): music entertainment
“As in past years, the Harvest Festival sold out early and we would like to thank all of the community members who attended!” said VSAS Principal Kalima Kinney. “The Volcano School of Arts & Sciences is indeed blessed with the most generous support of our community.”