JBPHH at Tropical Cyclone Condition 1 Readiness
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam is currently at Tropical Cyclone Condition of Readiness (TCCOR) 1, indicating that destructive and sustained winds of 50 knots or greater are possible within 12 hours.
JBPHH continues to operate its Emergency Operations Center to monitor the hurricane and ensure the safety and security of base personnel.
· Access to JBPHH proper is available via the O’Malley gate (Nimitz, Makalapa, Kuntz, and Halawa gates are closed)
· Access to the Makalapa compound is available via Borchers gate (Luapele gate is closed)
· Access to Wahiawa is available via Saipan gate
· Ford Island bridge will remain open until winds reach 50 knots or conditions do not permit
· Peltier Child Development Center remains open to mission essential personnel
· Once Hurricane Lane has made landfall, EMS, fire, and security forces may not be able to respond to emergency calls. Safe havens opened for on-base residents who were directed to evacuate from their homes. Personnel should remain indoors, off the roads, and exercise extreme caution during peak storm hours
For residents living off base, particularly in coastal evacuation zones or in areas prone to flooding, be aware of the locations of the nearest City and County of Honolulu shelters in the event you need to evacuate to a shelter as a last resort.
Base personnel should be wary of falling trees and projectile hazards from debris blown by high winds. To report immediate hazards to property, roads or utilities, call the NAVFAC Hawaii emergency desk at (808) 449-3100/3101.
To monitor storm surge levels, go to the NOAA website.