Restaurant at Hilo Hawaiian Adds New Dishes
The Hilo Hawaiian Hotel has added exciting new specialty dishes, desserts and cocktails to the menus of its Queen’s Court Restaurant and Waiʻoli Lounge & iCafé. In addition to the new menu items, the Queen’s Court Restaurant and Waiʻoli Lounge & iCafé were officially approved as restaurant partners of the Blue Zones Project initiative, which encourages customers to make healthier lifestyle choices by offering nutritious options.
The new menu items include:
- Appetizers and Entrées:
Legume Noodles* – Hearty zucchini “spaghetti,” squash, bell peppers, marinara sauce, mushrooms and goat cheese brie.
- Lobster Cioppino – Fresh seafood assortment of lobster claws, clams, mahi mahi and shrimp, in a warm wine-tomato broth and served with garlic bread.
- Mahi Picatta – Savory sautéed mahi mahi with capers, butter, white wine, rosemary and garlic mashed potatoes.
- Poke & Chips – Homemade whole wheat chips with ahi cubes, avocado and onions.
- Ulu Hummus* – Made with ulu (breadfruit), macadamia nuts, olive oil, lemon juice and assorted spices served alongside homemade tortilla chips.
- Mango Dream Daiquiri – A blend of Absolut Mango Vodka, Bacardi Tangerine Rum, Tropics Ice Cream, mango sorbet and hints of fresh lemon juice.
- Lime Ball Martini – Exclusively made by the hotel’s resident mixologist, this concoction includes Hangar One Kaffir Lime vodka, Absolut Vanilla Vodka, fresh lime juice and special homemade simple syrup.
- The Waiʻoli – Reminiscent of the Lounge name meaning “Joyful Waters,” this signature cocktail offers a refreshing melon twist with Don Q Coco Rum, Blue Curacao, fresh squeezes of lime and pineapple juice and a splash of soda with a float of melon liqueur.
- Mango Ulu Pie* – This sugar-dairy-gluten-free treat combines fresh mango, ulu (breadfruit), coconut and local macadamia nuts.
- Sweet Potato Haupia Cheesecake – Hilo Hawaiian Hotel’s original confection of Okinawan sweet potato, coconut haupia and cookie tuile.
*Dishes approved by Blue Zones Project
Located on historic Banyan Drive, Queen’s Court Restaurant delivers fresh, locally-sourced island cuisine straight from the Hilo Farmer’s Market to the table. With floor-to-ceiling windows, the restaurant also offers breathtaking views of Hilo Bay and Mauna Kea. For more information or to make a reservation, call (808) 969-6470 or visit online.