Sen. Kahele to Serve as New Senate Majority Floor LeaderJune 7, 2018, 9:34 PM HST (Updated June 7, 2018, 9:41 PM)
After Sen. Will Espero’s retirement from the Senate effective June 1, 2018, Sen. Kaiali‘i Kahele who previously served as the Senate Majority Whip, will now serve as the new Senate Majority Floor Leader.
Sen. Brian T. Taniguchi will be the Senate Majority Whip. All other Senate Majority Leadership positions will remain the same.
“Senator Espero has served the State of Hawai‘i admirably over the years and I’m honored to have had the opportunity to have worked with him in the Senate,” said Sen. Kahele. “I wish Sen. Espero the best in his future endeavors as he continues to seek ways to serve the people of Hawai‘i. I appreciate the trust and confidence the Senate Leadership has in me to serve in this new position.”
- President – Sen. Ronald D. Kouchi (Dist. 8 – Kaua‘i, Ni‘ihau)
- Vice President – Sen. Michelle N. Kidani (Dist. 18 – Mililani, Waipi‘o, Waikele, Kunia)
- Majority Leader – Sen. J. Kalani English (Dist. 7 – Hāna, East Maui, Moloka‘i, Lāna‘i, Kaho‘olawe)
- Majority Caucus Leader – Sen. Brickwood Galuteria (Dist. 12 – Waikīkī, Ala Moana, Kaka‘ako, Mō‘ili‘ili)
- Majority Floor Leader – Sen. Kaiali‘i Kahele (Dist. 1 – Hilo)
- Majority Whip – Sen. Brian T. Taniguchi (Dist. 11 – Mānoa, Makiki, Papakōlea, Punchbowl)
- Assistant Majority Whip – Sen. Gilbert S.C. Keith-Aragan (Dist. 5 – Wailuku, Waihe‘e, Kahului)