Policy for Residents to Check Properties & Remove Valuables
The County of Hawai‘i has released the following statement regarding the policies and procedures for residents to check on their properties and remove items of value in the Leilani Estates Subdivision. Authorities will be on scene.
In executing this policy, the following are in effect:
- Individuals are allowed to enter Leilani Estates Subdivision to conduct business of checking their home and removal of items of value.
- Authorities on scene will determine what areas will be safe for you to enter.
- Please be aware, because of changing conditions that involve toxic gas, lines of safety can change at any time. You must be prepared for changes in policies.
- Authorities from National Guard and Hawaii Fire Department will continually monitor the volcanic hazard. Changes on safety areas may be made at any time.
- Sensitivity to Sulfur Dioxide is a very individual thing. You must use your senses of smell and sight to determine safety. You must know what is safe for you.
- Under no circumstances should children be allowed in restricted area. Keep them safe.
This policy can change at any time dependent on current situation on the scene.