Zippy’s Hilo Restaurant Identified in Security Incident
On Friday, March 9, 2018, Zippy’s Restaurants, including the Hilo location, learned of a security incident involving its credit and debit card processing system. Zippy’s immediately began an investigation and engaged independent computer forensic experts to assist.
On Wednesday, April 4, 2018, the independent computer forensic experts informed Zippy’s that credit and debit cards used at Zippy’s Restaurant, Napoleon’s Bakery, Kahala Sushi and Pearl City Sushi between Nov. 23, 2017, and March 29, 2018, may have been compromised as a result of the data security incident.
- Zippy’s Restaurants Hilo is located at 111 E Puainako St., Space 958. A full list of the affected locations is available below.
Additionally, a small number of credit and debit cards used to purchase drinks at events held at the Pomaika‘i Ballrooms in the same time frame also may have been affected.
Information impacted by this incident may include the cardholder’s name, the card number, expiration date and security code. Credit and debit cards used at A Catered Experience and Food Solutions International were not impacted. Orders placed on Zippys’ website, payments for senior cards submitted to Zippy’s corporate office, fundraisers and catering orders were also not impacted by this event.
Zippy’s has taken steps to prevent this type of event from occurring in the future. Such steps include upgrading system hardware, changing the way certain software and system processes work, and further enhancing system security and monitoring.
“Zippy’s takes the security of its customers’ information seriously. We are working closely with data security experts to implement processes and measures that will improve our system security to prevent this from happening again,” said Paul Yokota, president of FCH Enterprises, parent company of Zippy’s. “We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this incident may caused.”
If you have any questions about this incident, call (855) 648-7562 toll-free, Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. HST.
Customers should closely monitor their credit or debit card statements, and immediately contact their bank or financial institution if they identify any suspicious activity.
For more information about protecting your identity, visit www.identitytheft.gov.
Additional Affected Locations
- Zippy’s Restaurants Dillingham, 1210 Dillingham Boulevard, Honolulu
- Zippy’s Restaurants Ewa, 91-1717 Fort Weaver Road, Ewa Beach
- Zippy’s Restaurants Kahala, 4134 Waialae Avenue, Honolulu
- Zippy’s Restaurants Kahului, 15 Hookele St., Kahului
- Zippy’s Restaurants Kailua, 44 Oneawa Street, Kailua
- Zippy’s Restaurants Kaimuki, 3345 Waialae Avenue, Honolulu
- Zippy’s Restaurants Kalihi, 904 Mokauea Street, Honolulu
- Zippy’s Restaurants Kaneohe, 46-038 Kamehameha Hwy, Kaneohe
- Zippy’s Restaurants Kapahulu, 601 Kapahulu Avenue, Honolulu
- Zippy’s Restaurants Kapolei, 950 Kamokila Boulevard, Kapolei
- Zippy’s Restaurants Koko Marina, 7192 Kalanianaole Hwy, Bldg F, Honolulu
- Zippy’s Restaurants Makiki, 1222 S. King Street, Honolulu
- Zippy’s Restaurants McCully, 1725 S. King Street, Honolulu
- Zippy’s Restaurants Mililani, 95-1249 Meheula Parkway, Mililani
- Zippy’s Restaurants Nimitz, 666 N. Nimitz Hwy, Honolulu
- Zippy’s Restaurants Pearl City, 806 Kamehameha Hwy, Pearl City
- Zippy’s Restaurants Pearlridge, 98-180 Kamehameha Hwy, Aiea
- Zippy’s Restaurants Vineyard, 59 N. Vineyard Boulevard, Honolulu
- Zippy’s Restaurants Wahiawa, 100 N. Kamehameha Hwy, Wahiawa
- Zippy’s Restaurants Waiau, 450 Kamehameha Highway, Pearl City
- Zippy’s Restaurants Waimalu, 98-048 Kamehameha Hwy, Aiea
- Zippy’s Restaurants Waipahu, 94-180 Farrington Hwy, Waipahu
- Zippy’s Restaurants Waipio, 94-1082 Ka Uka Boulevard, Waipahu
- Certain bar purchases at Pomaika‘i Ballrooms, 735 Iwilei Rd, Honolulu
The affected locations list does not include other affiliated companies, such as A Catered Experience and Food Solutions International.