Hawai‘i County Seeking Applicants for Boards, Commissions
The County of Hawai’i is seeking applicants to fill vacancies in various boards and commissions.
Members of most of these boards and commissions serve for staggered terms of five years, on a voluntary basis.
The following vacancies need to be filled:
- Board of Appeals (one position)
- Charter Commission (11 positions, from any District)
- Environmental Management Commission (Council Districts 2, 3, 7)
- Ethics (one position)
- Fire Board of Appeals: (five positions from any Council District), applicants shall have education/experience in the following areas:
- Engineering or architectural design; or
- Building code enforcement; or
- Fire department operations or fire code enforcement; or
- Fire protection contraction; or
- General contracting; or
- Fire Commission (Council District 3)
- Game Management Advisory Commission (Council Districts 2 & 9)
- Ka‘u CDP Action Committee (9 positions)
- Kona CDP Action Committee (4 positions)
- Leeward Planning (North Kohala, South Kohala–at large)
- Merit Appeals Board (one position)
- Police Commission (Council Districts 3 & 6)
- Salary Commission (Council District 9)
- South Kohala CDP Action Committee (5 positions)
- Transportation Commission (Council Districts 9 & 4)
For all Boards and Commission, travel expenses to and from meetings are reimbursed.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens, residents of the State of Hawai‘i, and may not hold any other public office.
The Mayor’s Office will fill the vacancies on Boards and Commissions from a list of applicants.
Application forms are available online.
For further information, contact Rose Bautista, executive Assistant to the mayor, at 961-8211 or at [email protected].