Applications for Free Hawai‘i Island Pre-Schools Available
Applications are now being accepted for high-quality preschool classes at charter schools on Hawaiʻi Island, Molokaʻi, Oʻahu and Kauaʻi for the 2018-19 school year.
The free program is being made available to income eligible families whose children are born between August 1, 2013 and July 31, 2014.
Income eligible means families that fall within 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for Hawaiʻi; a family of three can earn up to $47,800 and a family of four can earn up to $57,740 to qualify for the program.
The pre-K program is made possible by the U.S. Department of Education Preschool Development Grant. This grant allows Hawaiʻi to continue to build on statewide efforts to support its early childhood system. The grant is administered by the Hawaiʻi State Public Charter School Commission and serves up to 360 keiki each year. Each classroom is limited to 20 students and will have a qualified teacher and an assistant.
Hawaiʻi Island Schools
- Ka ʻUmeke Kāʻeo Hawaiian Immersion PCS, Keaukaha (808) 982-4260
- Ke Kula ʻO Nāwahīokalaniʻōpuʻu Iki Lab PCS, Keaʻau & Waimea (808) 965-2193
- Kua o ka Lā New Century PCS, Pāhoa (808) 965-2193
- Laupāhoehoe Community PCS, Laupāhoehoe (808) 962-2200
- Nā Wai Ola PCS, Mountain View (808) 968-2318
- Volcano School of Arts & Sciences, Volcano (808) 985-9800
- Ke Kula Niʻihau O Kekaha Learning Center, Kekaha (808) 337-0841
- Kualapuʻu School: A Public Conversion Charter, Kualapuʻu (808)567-6900
- Kamaile Academy, Waianae (808) 697-7110
- Ke Kula ʻo Samuel M. Kamakau Laboratory PCS, Kaneohe (808) 235-9175
- Waiʻalae Elementary Public Charter School, Honolulu (808) 733-4880
Give your keiki an opportunity for the best start at their education and help prepare them for success in school and life.
For more information and an application, contact the individual charter school directly, or call Deanne Goya at the commission office at (808) 586-3775.