Second Annual Global Tea Innovation Symposium
Land owners, developers, real estate brokers, prospective Hawai‘i Tea Estate owners and anyone interested in learning about innovation locally and globally in the world of tea are invited to the Second Annual Global Tea Innovation Symposium.
The symposium will take place on Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Akatsuka Orchid Gardens at 11-3051 Volcano Road in Volcano.
Participants can learn how they can benefit from being part of the Hawai‘i Tea Cooperative’s innovative Hawai‘i Tea Estate development model.
The symposium is free but plan to bring your own lunch or enjoy lunch at a local restaurant with tea enthusiasts.
- 9 to 9:30 a.m.: Registration/Talk Story with tea enthusiasts
- 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.: Tour of tea plant nursery; research tea farm; Volcano Hawai‘i Tea Estates site (Five TMK’s): Takeshi Akatsuka & Jason McDonald, Co-Founders, Hawai‘i Tea Cooperative
- 10:45 a.m. to Noon: Hawai‘i Tea Cooperative’s innovative Hawai‘i Tea Estate Economic Model: Detailed plans of how to develop a three-plus acre Hawai‘i Tea Estate, with a profitable tea farm business and home/lodge, all supported by the A-Z services provided by the Hawai‘i Tea Cooperative. Grif Frost, Jason McDonald, Timothy Gipson & Takeshi and Corinne Akatsuka, Co-Founders, Hawai‘i Tea Cooperative; Featured developments: Volcano Hawaii Tea Estates (five 3+ acre estates); Hawaii Tea Triangle Estates (five-acre estates).
- Noon to 1:30 p.m.: Talk story/lunch break (bring your own lunch or plan to join tea enthusiasts at local restaurants)
- 1:30 to 3 p.m.: Nigel Melican, global tea business consultant, will discuss innovations in the world of tea, and why Hawai‘i Island, is well positioned to become the showcase for innovation in the world of tea.
- 3:15 to 4 p.m.: Talk story session
If unable to attend, but interested in learning about the Hawai‘i Tea Cooperative and the Hawaii Tea Estate development model, contact Grif Frost via email: [email protected].