Donors Sought for Big Island Blood Drive in January
Blood Bank Hawai‘i is seeking eligible donors to give blood during the month of January in celebration of National Blood Donor Month. The organization said giving blood is easy, rewarding and saves lives.
General requirements for blood donors include:
- Overall good health
- 18 years of age or older (16 to 17 year old donors with signed Blood Bank of Hawai‘i parent/legal guardian consent)
- Weigh 110 pounds or more (additional height/weight requirements apply for female donors 16 to 18 years old)
- Photo ID with date of birth
Blood drives are scheduled for the following times and locations on Hawai‘i Island during the month of January. Times are subject to change.
- Jan. 8, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at LDS, Waimea Ward – Cultural Hall
- Jan. 9, 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. at LDS, Kona Hawai‘i Stake
- Jan. 10, 7:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at LDS Hall, Kona Stake Center – Cultural
- Jan. 22, 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Hilo Hawaiian – Moku‘ola
- Jan. 23, 7:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. at Aunty Sally Kaleohano’s Luau Hale – Main Room
- Jan. 24, 8:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Kamehameha Schools Hawai‘i – WCL Integrated Facility – Multi-purpose room
- Jan. 25, 7:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. at Hilo High School – Gym
- Jan. 26, 8:15 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Waiakea High School – Library
To make an appointment or for more information, call Blood Bank of Hawai‘i at (808) 848-4770 or visit BBH.org.