UH Foundation and Partners Raise $78 Million in FY2017
The University of Hawai‘i Foundation has raised $77.6 million during fiscal year 2017 (July 1, 2016, to June 30, 2017) in partnership with donors and UH partners. The funds will benefit students, faculty, research and programs at UH campuses statewide.
“This year 29,180 gifts were made to support programs people are passionate about,” said Donna Vuchinich, president and CEO of UH Foundation. “Every day we have the privilege of hearing from students and faculty who share how private support is making a difference in their lives. From funding globally recognized research in critical areas that affect us all including cancer and our environment, to making a quality college education possible, donors are making a difference. We are most grateful to each and every donor for their vision and generosity. Mahalo!”
This fundraising success was attributed in part to the support of the following efforts and donors:
- Eddie and Elaine Flores, Jr. donated $1M to UH Mānoa Shidler College of Business.
- Pi‘ianai‘a family established an endowment at ‘Imiloa to increase access for K through 12 schoolchildren.
- Coach Shoji’s friends and fans established the Coach Shoji Endowment.
- Kalaeloa Partners Funded Scholarships at Leeward CC.
- The Hawai‘i Community Reinvestment Corporation (HCRC) established the HCRC Distinguished Professorship in Affordable Housing to help address the affordable housing crisis in Hawai‘i.
- Hawai‘i Dental Service supported smiles statewide.
- SSFM International, Inc. supported UH Mānoa College of Engineering and College of Social Sciences students.
- Robert M. and Alice K. Fujimoto Foundation supported students pursuing a degree at the UH Hilo College of Business and Economics.
- Representative Clifton Tsuji’s legacy of giving back to the Hawai‘i Island community was honored through endowed scholarships for Hawai‘i CC and UH Hilo students pursuing degrees in agriculture.
To learn more about the impact made by UH Foundation contributions, read personal stories illustrating how donations positively influence people’s lives.
Learn more about UH Foundation and how to contribute by visiting www.uhfoundation.org.