Council to Hold Public Hearing on Proposed Fuel Tax Rate Increase
The Council of the County of Hawai‘i will hold a public hearing on fuel tax rates on Wednesday, May 31, 2017, beginning at 5 p.m.
The meeting will be held in Council Chambers in the Hawai‘i County Building, 25 Aupuni St. in Hilo. (See below for the list of courtesy sites.)
The County Council will consider the following fuel tax rates for fiscal years July 1, 2017, to June 30, 2018; July 1, 2018, to June 30, 2019; and July 1, 2019, to June 30, 2020.
Anyone who wants to comment on the matter may do so orally at the hearing and must register with the County Clerk’s staff. Those submitting written testimony at the hearing should bring 14 copies for distribution.
Public testimony may also be submitted before noon on the business day prior to the hearing:
- by mail to the County Clerk’s Office, 25 Aupuni Street, Room 1401, Hilo, Hawai‘i, 96720
- by fax to (808) 961-8912
- by email to [email protected]
For testimony received via email or fax, copies will be distributed at the hearing when transmitted in a timely manner.
All oral and written testimony will be made a part of the public record.
Public attendance via courtesy site is available at the following locations:
- Kona Council Office, West Hawai‘i Civic Center, 74-5044 Ane Keohokālole Highway, Building A;
- Nāʻālehu State Office Building, 95-5669 Māmalahoa Highway, Nāʻālehu;
- Pāhoa Council Office, 15-2879 Pāhoa Village Road; and
- Old Kohala Courthouse, 54-3900 Akoni Pule Highway, Kapaʻau.
The meeting places are accessible for persons with disabilities. Persons who need special accommodations for this hearing should call (808) 961-8255 by May 26, 2017. TTY users may use Relay Service 711(961-8255) to contact our office.
If audio stream between Kona and Hilo is lost for more than a short period of time, the meeting will be terminated in the event council members participate from both locations.