41st Annual HPA Horse Show on April 23
Hawaiʻi Preparatory Academy (HPA) is holding its 41st Annual Horse Show, featuring Jumping and Play Day events on Sunday, April 23 beginning at 9 a.m. at the schools’ Upper Campus in Waimea. The event is free for spectators and open to the public.
Nancy Steinecke, Licensed Dressage Judge with the U.S. Equestrian Federation, will judge the event. She is one of only three licensed judges in the State of Hawaiʻi, and has been giving equestrian instruction and training for more than 40 years.
Riders in the HPA Horse Show will compete in the following classes:
Play Day (All classes try to be grouped by ability)
- Walk/Trot Pleasure (English or Western)
- Walk/Trot Equitation (English or Western)
- Pleasure (English or Western)
- Equitation (English or Western)
- Bucket Elimination (English or Western)
- Ribbon Race (English or Western)
- Balance and Hold Game (English or Western)
- Drop Race
- Ride and Lead (English or Western)
- Bending Poles
- Barrel Race
- Cross Rails Equitation – Trot and/or Canter
- Jumper Over Cross Rails
- Hunter Hack 2ʻ3”
- Jumper 2ʻ3” to 2ʻ6”
- Equitation Over Fences – 2ʻ6” to 2ʻ9”
- Hunter Hack 2’9”
- Jumper 2ʻ9” to 3ʻ3”
The deadline to enter the show is Monday, April 17. Entry fee is $8 per class, plus a $10 non-refundable office fee. Classes are subject to change according to entries and weather conditions. Post entries are allowed.
For more information or to register, contact show manager Judy Folk at (808) 885-4302 or [email protected].