Sixth Annual Ag Conference to be Held in Hilo
Hawai‘i Farmers Union United will host the sixth annual convention focusing on local agriculture from Oct. 14 through 16, at the OK Farms in Hilo. This year’s theme is Building Regional Strength through Agriculture.
Conference attendees can enjoy the three-day event with presentations on natural farming and soil health given by international and local experts, including Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard:
- Horizontal fruit production known as open tatura “V” trellis systems
- Hemp production and processing
- Jamaican aquaponic systems
- Designing habitats for pollinators
- Soil health protocols
- Using biodigesters to produce free energy on one’s farm
- Developing an agricultural business enterprise plan
- The ins and outs of contracting with state government
- Bee habitat development
Single-day admission and three-day passes are available. Registration includes meals catered by locally sourced food from Sweet Cane Café and live music both Friday and Saturday night.
On-site camping is available and the Naniloa Hotel is offering room rate reductions for attendees.
For the complete event schedule and to register for the event go online.
Hawai‘i Farmers Union United is a state chapter of the National Farmers Union.