Candidate Forum to Be Held at UH Hilo
University of Hawai‘i Hilo student organization Global HOPE and Hawai’i Island Young Democrats will co-host a County Council and State House candidate forum on Thursday, Oct. 13, 2016, at the UH Hilo Campus from 6 to 8 p.m.
The public is invited to the free, moderated forum with candidates from the Hawai‘i County Council Districts 3 and 4 races and State House Districts 1, 3 and 4 races.
All candidates on the general election ballot have been invited.
The following candidates are confirmed:
- County Council District 3 candidate Moana Hokoana Keli‘i
- County Council District 4 candidate Madeline “Madie” Greene
- County Council District 4 candidate Eileen O’Hara
- State House District 1 candidate Mark Nakashima
- State House District 1 candidate Byron Young.
- State House District 3 candidate Kealoha Pisciotta
- State House District 4 Representative Joy SanBuenaventura
“The forum is an opportunity for residents to meet many of the candidates in one place and hear their responses to the issues that matter most,” said event organizerShannon Matson , a current Young Democrat, former member of Global HOPE and UH Hilo alumna. “Some of the primary races were decided by as few as 20 votes. Vote informed! No vote, no grumble.”
The general election is Tuesday, Nov. 8.
Parking is free on campus after 4:30 p.m.
The forum will be held on the UH Hilo Campus in UCB 100, 200 W. Kawili St.