Beware of Post-Darby Scams
Some customers received such fraudulent calls after Tropical Storm Iselle.
Hawai‘i Electric Light will not contact customers to request personal information or direct customers to submit payments via options other than those listed on the back of the billing statement.
For your safety and protection:
- Never provide personal, confidential or financial information to an unidentified individual.
- Ask questions or ask for proper identification. Request the individual’s name, company name, and phone number.
- Be cautious when responding to callers from an unidentified phone number. Phone scammers want to remain anonymous.
- Be aware that today’s technology can be used to mask the caller’s phone number and the caller ID could indicate the call is originating from Hawai‘i Electric Light, even though it is not.
- Call Hawai‘i Electric Light customer service at (808) 969-6999 or (808) 329-3584.
- Report any suspicious activity to local police.