RECIPE: Lilikoi Parfait with Waimea Strawberries
This creamy, decadent lilikoi parfait with vanilla cream cheese mousse, layered with Waimea strawberries and sweet tart lilikoi sauce, is the perfect dessert for a special occasion – and as beautiful to look at as it is to eat! Do not be surprised if your guests want to lick their dish for every last little bit!
Serves 4 parfaits
2 cups of Waimea strawberries, sliced with 4 left whole with stems for top of parfaits
3 cups of cream cheese mousse
1/2 cup of Lilikoi sauce
4 mint sprigs (optional)
- Layer sliced strawberries in the bottom of four 8 – 10 oz. glasses.
- Carefully scoop in a few spoonfuls of vanilla cream mousse and drizzle with a teaspoon or so of lilikoi sauce.
- Layer with a few more strawberries and again with mousse and lilikoi sauce until all the mousse and strawberries are gone, ending with mousse as the top layer.
- Decorate with strawberry and mint sprig. Chill
Cream Cheese Mousse
Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 3 Cups
1 C heavy whipping cream
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 C powdered sugar
1 T lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
- Pour 1 cup of heavy cream into a large mixing bowl and whip until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, place the softened cream cheese in and beat until smooth.
- Sift 1 1/4 cups of powdered sugar into the cream cheese.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the whipped cream and fold together gently to combine. Chill if not using immediately.
¼ cup fresh lilikoi juice
¼ cup lemon juice
⅓ cup sugar
¼ cup water
1 Tablespoon corn starch
- In a small saucepan, combine lilikoi, lemon, and sugar.
- Mix corn starch in water and add to saucepan. Cook on low heat until mixture becomes clear and starts to thicken slightly.
- Cool before serving.
This post has been a contribution by Kristin Frost Albrecht on behalf of The Food Basket, Hawai’i Island’s Food Bank.