DCCA Launches New Phone System
The Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA) implemented a new telephone system Tuesday as part of an ongoing effort to make it easier for the public to communicate with staff.
Individuals who call the DCCA main line, 808-587-DCCA (3222), will be greeted with a message and will then be able to navigate their way through the system to reach any division or service within the department without having to hang up and call back.
This new service will be available to those who need the department’s services but are not quite sure who to talk to.
Clients and customers that frequently deal with the department may continue to dial DCCA divisions/offices direct and will not need to go through the new line.
Consumers can call DCCA’s Consumer Resource Center, 808-587-4272, to verify current status of existing licensees and businesses, and obtain other general consumer information.
Consumers can call DCCA’s Consumer Dial at 808-587-1234 to access recorded consumer- and business-related messages 24-hours a day.
Messages are available to cover a variety of topics including towing abandoned vehicles, what to do if you have landlord/tenant problems, what to do if your identity is stolen, and more.
All other department phone numbers will be unchanged.
Here are some of the highlights of the new system:
- Customers have access to an alphabetical listing of divisions for direct transfers.
- Consumers can select an option to find divisions able to help them perform queries on the licensing status and complaint history of individuals and businesses.
- Licensees can select an option to check the status of their applications.
- Consumers can select an option to submit a consumer complaint.
- Instructions for calling DCCA toll-free from the neighbor islands are available.
- Customers can transfer directly to Consumer Dial, our 24-hour consumer information messages, without having to call 808-587-1234.