Six Police Officers Promoted to Sergeant/DetectiveJuly 16, 2013, 6:05 PM HST (Updated July 16, 2013, 6:06 PM) · 0 Comments
Police Chief Harry Kubojiri has announced the promotions of six police officers to the rank of sergeant/detective.
The individuals and their assignments are:
- Det. Clarence Davies to the Area I Criminal Investigations Section in in East Hawaiʻi. Previously an officer assigned to the Traffic Enforcement Unit in East Hawaiʻi, Davies joined the Hawaii Police Department in October 2003.
- Sgt. Zachary O. Fernando, who was previously a Community Policing officer in Hamakua, is now assigned to the Kaʻu District. He joined the department in October 2003.
- Sgt. Paul D. Kim, who most recently worked as a Traffic Enforcement Unit officer in East Hawaiʻi, is now assigned to South Hilo Patrol. Kim has been a member of the department since October 2003.
- Sgt. Mekia Rose is assigned to Kona Patrol. His previous assignment was as an Area II Vice Section officer in West Hawaiʻi. He joined the department in August 2004.
- Det. Levon P. Stevens is assigned to the Area II Criminal Investigations Section in Kona. Previously assigned as an officer in the North Kohala District, he has been a member of the department since August 2004.
- Det. Dean M. Uyetake, who recently served as a patrol officer in South Hilo, is now assigned to the Area I Criminal Investigations Section in Hilo. Uyetake joined the department in October 2003.
The ranks of sergeant and detective are equal and their use depends on the type of assignment.
The promotions took effect today.