HVNP Flight Operations for September 2019
Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park has announced flight plans for September 2019.
- Sept. 3, between 6 and 8 a.m for ungulate surveys and control work in Kahuku Unit, between 4,000-foot and 6,000-foot elevation.
- Sept. 4, between 8 a.m. and noon, for invasive Guinea grass surveys and control along Keauhou Trail, from the coast to 2,000-foot elevation.
- Sept. 9, between 8 and 10 a.m. to shuttle supplies to control banana poka in the Keauhou burn area on Mauna Loa Strip between 5,000-foot and 6,000-foot elevation.
- Sept. 12, between 10 a.m. and noon to survey Kipukapuaulu for Rapid ʻŌhiʻa Death (ROD).
- Sept. 12, between noon and 2 p.m. to survey invasive fountain grass in Great Crack/Keaiwa sector.
The park regrets any noise impact to residents and park visitors. Dates and times are subject to change based on aircraft availability and weather.
Management of the park requires the use of aircraft to monitor and research volcanic activity, conduct search-and-rescue missions and law enforcement operations, support management of natural and cultural resources and to maintain backcountry facilities.
This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Big Island Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments
1Hawaii Police Seek Public Help Finding Missing Man Considered At Risk 2State Of Hawaiʻi Pursuing Cases Against 33 Swimmers Chasing Dolphins In Honaunau Bay 343 Year Old Man Missing Last Seen In Mountain View On Big Island 4Woman In Stolen Car During Police Shooting In Kona Indicted On 18 Offenses 525 Year Old Sentenced To 20 Years In Prison For Assault Robbery In Hilo 6Hawaiʻi Police Avoid Aloha Estates On Mauna Loa Road In Glenwood