HPA Handbell Choir Celebrates 30th Anniversary
Hawai’i Preparatory Academy’s Middle School handbell choir celebrates its 30th anniversary.
Under the direction of Georgia Polakova, the group of 11 will present a series of free public performances throughout the holiday season.
Choir members are students who chose to take the choir as an elective.
“What I like best about the handbell choir is the group dynamics that must happen to have a successful performing handbell choir,” said Polakova. “The members must be positive and supportive of their fellow handbell players. There must be unity among the group or the music just doesn’t come together. It’s quite exciting to see the students’ faces when they realize they can contribute to the group and bring forth beautiful music.”
Performances during the 2015 holiday season include the following:
- Saturday, November 21, noon, Prince Kuhio Plaza, Hilo
- Thursday, December 3, 5 p.m., Parker Ranch Tree Lighting at Puʻuopelu, Waimea
- Saturday, December 5, 9:30 a.m., Waimea Farmers Market, Parker School, Waimea
- Saturday, December 5, 4 p.m., Kingsʻ Shops, Waikoloa Resort
- Saturday, December 5, 6 p.m., Queensʻ Marketplace, Waikoloa Resort
- Sunday, December 6, noon, Parker Ranch Shopping Center Food Court, Waimea
To learn more about the choir or the group’s performances, call 885-2500 or 885-2501.