POSITION SUMMARY: Under the Controller's supervision, the Senior Accountant will handle day-to-day aspects of purchasing and disbursement with responsibilities to ensure accurate and timely financial information. All job duties at the school are expected to be performed in support of HPA’s mission, in pursuit of our vision, and grounded in our core values of Integrity, Respect, Pursuit of Excellence, and Wonder.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
● Maintains and updates vendor database; sets up credit with various vendors.
● Maintains purchase order system.
● Track budgets by department and program. Reviewing for appropriate expenditures prior to processing invoices
● Processes payments to vendors, reimbursements to employees, refunds to parents.
● Inputs payable data, prints checks, and maintains files.
● Reconciles Administrators’ and general school credit cards.
● Monitor the integrity and accuracy of general ledger transactions and communicate the need for research or corrections.
● Provide direction and assistance to other departments regarding accounting policies and procedures and efficient internal controls.
● Participate in the development and implementation of new and revised financial systems, processes, and procedures..
● Monthly financial statement close work completed in accordance with the closing schedule.
● GL Account analysis and reconciliation
● Managing enrollment and re-enrollment of Tuition accounts.
● Prepare 1099 forms and assist in fiscal year-end audit procedures
● Is back up for the AR Clerk: distributes allowances to students when needed.
● Assists with recording cash deposits.
● Performs other relevant duties as requested by the controller.
● Support and adhere to all school-related safety measures, including those related to community health events and COVID.
● Work is generally performed in an air-conditioned office setting. Work involves sitting at the desk and computer terminal for extended periods of time.
● Equipment Use: calculator, computer, telephone, typewriter, copy and facsimile machine.
● Be able to sit at the desk and computer terminal for extended periods.
● Be able to lift 30 pounds of weight.
● Be able to walk between offices several times a day.
● Strong communication and customer service skills.
● Be able to perform several tasks at once and manage frequent interruptions.
● Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience.
● Not-for-profit accounting experience preferred.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to exercise sound and logical judgment in various situations.
● In depth knowledge of ERP including general ledger, GAAP, financial statement presentation, budgeting, payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable
● Organized, detail-oriented with a broad knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
● Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
● Provide outstanding customer service to vendors, parents, students and employees.
● Must have strong problem solving/research skills
● Experience in analyzing information
● Ability to prioritize and solve problems and tasks of a routine degree of complexity under pressure
● Must possess the ability to interact with all staff levels in a fast paced environment, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
● Maintain positive vendor relationships
● Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Drive and One Drive.
● Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, multi-task, and able to juggle multiple priorities with shifting agendas.
● Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy
Please send a letter of interest and resume to [email protected] to apply.