Plans, designs, organizes, and delivers training for Credit Union’s management, employees and volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides direction to the Credit Union’s management, employees and volunteers training and development function.
• Evaluates organizational objectives, develops and delivers training and development programs that anticipate Credit Union needs, and prepares the staff for upcoming changes.
• Develops and delivers new hire orientation program in the areas of: security; CU philosophy; CU differences; in- house training and computer training programs; products and services; and member services and sales skills.
• Presents periodic training sessions on member services, sales, safety, procedures and the computer system.
• Coordinates with the marketing department in providing timely in-house training on marketing promotions prior to implementations.
• Develops training schedules for management, staff and volunteers. Training could be of an in-house nature, hiring external experts, or the use of outside conferences or seminars.
• Coordinates with external agencies in providing training opportunities such as the Hawaii Credit Union League, Big Island Credit Union Managers Association, Hawaii Employer Council, Workforce Development and others.
• Maintains all in-house resources for training. Resources could include staff members, books, pamphlets, CDs, DVDs, computer programs, and other materials.
• Ensures maximum utilization of training room, training materials, and equipment.
• Administers tests and retains records of testing that measure the effectiveness of staff learning.
• Maintains records of training planned and completed for all volunteers and staff.
• Provides supervisors with training records to be used for performance appraisal review.
• Provides monthly training report to the President.
• Along with Human Resources Manager, develops training budget and annual tactical plan.
• Along with Training Specialist, updates Products and Services Handbook and Operations Manual.
• Develops appropriate delivery vehicles and visual design media for training development programs that maximize trainee comprehension.
• Participates and provides input in Operations, Loan, and Service Excellence committee meetings.
• Assists in planning and coordinating the annual Employee Joint Conference.
• Along with the Marketing and Human Resources Departments, promotes financial education for youth by providing training to Student Credit Union program participants.
• Responsible for at least semi-annual performance appraisals supervised personnel.
• Submits recommendations of salary adjustments, incentive bonuses, position changes, disciplinary actions, and dismissals of supervised personnel for approval by the Human Resources Manager.
• Coordinates work schedules and vacation schedules for personnel he or she supervises.
• Provides guidance and training to department personnel, as required.
• Completes the required Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training and implements and complies with the BSA policy and procedures.
• As a member of the staff, answers incoming phone calls, assists members as the need arises, and performs other duties as assigned.
• Assists other co-workers when needed.
• Promotes all CU products personally and through staff.
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the mental, physical, knowledge, education and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
• Is able to understand rules, regulations, policies, concepts and implement these while ensuring regulatory compliance
• Is able to handle projects by prioritizing projects and meet deadlines.
• Is able to apply sound decision-making principles, logical thinking, objective problem solving skills, concentration and attention to details.
• Is able to work independently and creatively.
• Is able to work well with others.
• Is able to work under stressful and pressure filled situations.
• Is able to apply basic mathematic skills.
• Is able to keep abreast of all regulatories which affect the training program.
• Is able to show up to work as scheduled.
• Is able to occasionally lift, carry, push, and pull items weighing up to 20 pounds.
• Is able to operate 10-key by touch and type 30-40 wpm accurately.
• Is able to occasionally reach, or climb a ladder to reach upper shelving.
• Is able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Is be able to communicate clearly in person or over the phone and/or in writing.
• Is able to move around the office on surfaces primarily of carpet.
• Is available for occasional business travel, including land and air travel.
• Is able to establish effective working relationships with management, staff and other organizations.
• Is able to utilize a variety of media such as TV, VCR, overhead projector, etc.
• May be required to use his/her personal car to perform credit union business.
• May be required to work at different branch.
• May be required to work beyond the normal business hours, including weekends.
• May be required to attend seminars or classes to increase job skills.
• Must be bondable and have a clear credit rating.
• Must be able to speak to groups of people
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• High school graduate / GED equivalent with three (3) years of previous training experience, including training presentations, and designing training guides preferred; or
• Business school graduate of an accredited community college with two (2) years of previous training experience, including training presentations, and designing training guides preferred.
• Knowledge of computer system (IBM or IBM compatible) and proficient on PC word processing programs and other software programs (Windows preferred).
• Work is primarily inside an air-conditioned, well-lighted office setting, and high humidity.
• Must be able to work alone and with others.
• Moderate noise level.
• Frequent public contact.
• Potential exposure to the threat of violence at any time.
Visit our career's page for the full list of career opportunities: https://www.hicommfcu.com/About/About-Us/Employment