Registration open for 2022 Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority Conference on Dec. 8 and 9
The 2022 Hawaiʻi Tourism Conference will be held at the Hawaiʻi Convention Centre in Honolulu on Dec. 8 and 9. Registration now is open.
The Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority said it is working to holistically manage tourism and fulfill its 2020-2025 Strategic Plan and interacting pillars – natural resources, Hawaiian culture, community and branding. The conference will be guided by a commitment to Mālama Ku‘u Home (“Caring for My Beloved Home”).
The two-day conference will include the Tourism Legacy Awards Luncheon, presentations and panel discussions, networking opportunities and multiple educational sessions focused on topics including destination management progress, cultural tourism, travel sector updates, regenerative tourism and research trends.
Early registration is available for $195 plus tax through Dec. 4, and includes both conference days. On Dec. 5, registration increased to $225 plus tax. Validated valet and/or self-parking will be available for $10 per day. To register, click here.
For sponsorship and exhibition opportunities, contact Lee-Ann Choy at [email protected].
The conference schedule:
DAY 1: Dec 8
- 8:00 a.m. Registration
- 9:00 a.m. Pre-Conference Session on Regenerative Tourism
- 12:00 p.m. Opening Lunch and Remarks by HTA President and CEO John De Fries
- 1:45 p.m. Concurrent Educational Sessions on Destination Management, Cultural Tourism, Regenerative Tourism, Natural Resources and Tourism Trends
- 5:00 p.m. Aloha Reception (Enjoy pūpū, entertainment and networking)
DAY 2: Dec 9
- 7:30 a.m. Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. Opening Remarks by HTA Chief Brand Officer Kalani Ka‘anā‘anā and HTA Director of Tourism Research Jennifer Chun
- 9:00 a.m.International Airline and Cruise Industry Updates, Plenary Sessions
- 12:00 p.m. Tourism Legacy Awards Luncheon
- 1:45 p.m. Plenary Sessions, Global MCI Update
- 3:55 p.m. Closing Remarks by HTA President and CEO John De Fries