Hawaiʻi Senate Concludes Veto Override Session With Six Legislative Reversals
The official 2021 veto override list is in.
The Hawaiʻi State Senate on Thursday adjourned its veto override session, which began on July 6. In addition to the actions taken on Tuesday, the Senate approved three floor amendments to meet the Governor’s objections in his veto messages for HB54, HB1299 and SB589. The chamber also moved to override the veto for HB53.
Since convening on Tuesday, the Hawaiʻi State Legislature has taken the following actions:
6 Veto Overrides:
- HB53: Relating To State Bonds
- HB862: Relating To State Government
- SB263: Relating To Economic Development
- SB404: Relating To Electioneering Communications
- SB811: Relating To The Department of Education
- SB1387: Relating To Microchip Identification
3 Floor Amendments:
- HB54: Relating To The State Budget
- HB1299: Relating To Non-General Funds
- SB589: Relating To The University of Hawaiʻi
“Of the (26) bills that were vetoed by the Governor, the House and Senate overrode six vetoed bills,” said Senate President Ronald D. Kouchi (District 8 – Kauaʻi and Niʻihau). “HB1299 and SB589 have been transmitted to the Governor pending his approval.”