Fireworks Permits Available Soon
Fireworks permits will go on sale in just under two weeks.
Ahead of the New Year’s holiday, the Hawai’i County Fire Department announced that permits will be available beginning Saturday, Dec. 26 at a variety of locations throughout the Big Island.
Permits cost $25 and entitle the holder to purchase up to 5,000 individual firecrackers. Multiple permit purchases are not authorized and can be only issued to those 18 years and older.
HFD personnel released the following list of permit purchasing locations:
- Fire Administration Office: Hilo County Building, located at 25 Aupuni St., Suite 2501, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 28, 29, 30, and 31.
- Kona Fire Prevention Office: West Hawai’i Civic Center, located at 74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Hwy., Building E, second floor, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Dec. 28, 29, 30, and 31.
- Parker Ranch Shopping Center Food Court in Waimea from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, and 31.
- TNT Tent: Waiakea Center Parking lot, located at 325 Maka’ala St. in Hilo.
- TNT Tent: Kona Crossroads Parking lot, located at 75-1027 Henry St. in Kailua-Kona.
- TNT Tent: Keauhou location, at 78-6831 Ali’i Dr. in Kailua-Kona.
- KTA Puainako: 50 East Puainako St. in Hilo.
- KTA Kona: Kona Coast Shopping Center, located at 74-5594 Palani Rd. in Kailua-Kona.
- Long’s Drugs: Prince Kuhio Plaza, Located at 111 E. Puainako St. in Hilo.
- Long’s Drugs: Kilauea location at 555 Kilauea Ave. in Hilo.
- Pacific Fireworks Kona: Located at 75-5629 Kuakini Hwy. in Kailua-Kona.
- J. Hara Store: Located at 17-343 Volcano Hwy. in Kurtistown.
- Kadota Liquors: Located at 194 Hualalai St. in Hilo.
- BJ Alan Tent Kona: Located at 74-55 Palani Rd. in Kailua-Kona.
- BJ Alan Tent Kona: Located at 74-5454 Makala Blvd. inKailua-Kona.
- BJ Alan Tent Hilo: Located at 111 E. Puainako St. in Hilo.
Fireworks sales will begin on Dec. 26 and will end at midnight on New Year’s Eve. Permits are not required for novelties and paperless fireworks.