AD
ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: Student Passes Out After Eating Pot Brownies

March 8, 2018, 4:57 PM HST (Updated March 9, 2018, 1:58 PM)
×

Kealakehe High School in Kailua-Kona.

UPDATE: Friday, March 9, 2018, 1:30 p.m.

Hawaiʻi Island police responded to Kealakehe High School on Thursday, March 8, 2018, on the report of a female juvenile being transported to the Kona Hospital by medics after ingesting a brownie, passing out and experiencing convulsions. Later, a second juvenile female was transported to the hospital after ingesting brownies.

Upon investigation, it was determined that another student had sold her a brownie believed to contain marijuana. He was brought to the office and additional brownies were located by school officials during a search of his backpack. A second student in possession of a brownie, who had additional marijuana in his backpack, were also located during a search by school officials.

The responsible party, a 16-year-old male, was kept in custody and transported this morning to Hale Hoʻomalu Juvenile Detention Facility in Kapolei. He has been charged with promoting a controlled substance on or near schools, school vehicles, public parks, or public housing projects or complexes.

SPONSORED VIDEO

Additionally, he has been charged with assault in the third-degree.

Both of the females have been released from the hospital.

If anyone has information on this incident, contact Officer Mike Thompson at (808) 935-3311.

ADVERTISEMENT

ORIGINAL POST: The Hawaiʻi Island Police Department responded to Kealakehe High School at 12:15 p.m., on Thursday, March 8, 2018, on the report of a female juvenile being transported to the Kona Hospital by medics after ingesting a brownie, passing out and experiencing convulsions.

Upon investigation, it was determined that another student had sold her a brownie believed to contain marijuana. He was brought to the office and additional brownies were located in his backpack after a search was conducted by school officials. A second student was also located in possession of a brownie and had additional marijuana in his backpack, which was also searched by school officials.

Upon processing the two male juveniles at the Kealakehe Police Station, a second female juvenile at Kealakehe High School was reported to experience a medical emergency related to the ingestion of a brownie. This female juvenile was also transported to the Kona Hospital by medics.

She was admitted to the Kona Hospital for observation after an elevated heart rate that was not subsiding.

The first female juvenile was treated and released.

If anyone has information on this incident, contact Officer Mike Thompson at (808) 935-3311.

ADVERTISEMENT

Print

Share this Article

Get Weekly Updates

Get a quick summary of what's happening on Hawaii with our weekly email of news highlights:

ARTICLE COMMENTS ( 0 )
View Comments