Four Seasons Hualalai Presenting Chef Fest 2017June 5, 2017, 3:00 PM HST (Updated June 5, 2017, 2:15 PM)
Four Seasons Resort Hualalai will present Chef Fest 2017 to celebrate the culinary arts and showcase top chefs and mixologists from around the nation. The annual, multi-day food and wine event will be held October 4 to 8, and feature high-profile dinners, cooking classes and of course, food and drink prepared by some of the country’s top talent.
New to this year’s event are the All Clad Cooking Academy in the Resort’s Herb Garden outdoor kitchen. Six cooking classes will be led by guest chefs throughout the weekend. Also new for 2017 is a lineup of award-winning mixologists who will each host their own cocktail showcase at the Patrón Lounge at the Resort’s adults-only Palm Grove Pool. The event will include a DJ and unique cocktail creations using local ingredients and spirits.
The lineup of award-winning, celebrity guest chefs will include:
- Neal Fraser (Chef/Owner of Redbird, Fritzi Coop – Los Angeles): Los Angeles Times Gold List, Los Angeles Magazine Best New Restaurant, Top Chef Masters participant, Iron Chef winner
- Gabrielle Hamilton (Chef/Owner of Prune – New York City): Three-time James Beard Award winner, Iron Chef winner, Daytime Emmy Award winner for Mind of a Chef, author of New York Times bestseller “Blood, Bones & Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef”
- Edward Lee (Chef/Owner of 610 Magnolia, The Wine Studio, MilkWood, and Whiskey Dry – Louisville): James Beard Award finalist, Daytime Emmy Award nominee for Outstanding Host of Mind of a Chef, author of bestselling cookbook “Smoke & Pickles”
- Ivan Orkin (Chef/ Owner of Ivan Ramen – New York City): Conde Nast Traveler Best Restaurants in New York City, featured on Chef’s Table, Food & Wine “Ramen Genius,” author of bestselling cookbook “Ivan Ramen”
- Andy Ricker (Chef/Owner of Pok Pok – New York City and Portland): Two-time James Beard Award winner, Michelin Star recipient, author of bestselling cookbook “Pok Pok: Food and Stories from the Streets, Homes, and Roadside Restaurants of Thailand”
- Fabrizo Schenardi (Executive Chef of Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World): Wine Enthusiast 100 Best Wine Restaurants, Orlando Magazine Best Restaurant and Best Steak, James Beard House invitee
- Christof Syre (Executive Chef of Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Los Colinas): 17-year Four Seasons veteran, previously worked at Alain Ducasse’s Michelin two-star restaurant in London
- Jonathan Waxman (Chef/Owner of Barbuto, Jams – New York City; Adele’s, Bajo Sexto – Nashville; Brezza Cucina – Atlanta; Waxman’s – San Francisco): Top Chef Masters participant, judge on Recipe for Deception, author of bestselling cookbooks “A Great American Cook” and “Italian, My Way”
The notable mixologists featured at Chef Fest 2017 include:
- Chandra Lucariello (Director of Mixology and Spirits Education of Southern Glazers Wine & Spirits of Hawai‘i): Founding member of United States Bartenders Guild – Hawai‘i Chapter
- Julie Reiner (Co-owner and Beverage Director of Flatiron Lounge, Pegu Club, Clover Club, Leyenda – New York City): Tales of a Cocktail Best New Cocktail Lounge in the World and Best Bar Mentor, Drinks International 50 Best Bars in the World
- Kyle Reutner (Brand Manager of KōHana Hawaiian Agricole Rum – Oahu): President of Hawai‘i United States Bartenders Guild, Beverage Media 10 Mixologist to Watch
- Pamela Wiznitzer (Creative Director of Seamstress – New York City): National Restaurant Association Star of the Bar winner, Tales of a Cocktail American Bartender of the Year nominee, Food & Wine Top 10 Rising Star Mixologists, Wine Enthusiast 40 under 40
“Chef Fest is such a special week here at the Resort, where our guests are able to experience the flavours, talents and personalities of some very special guest chefs, wine and spirits experts,” says Colin Clark, general manager of Four Seasons Resort Hualalai. “The energy and excitement is in the air, and these events are truly some of the most fun, intimate and indulgent experiences available anywhere – only matched by the setting and aloha of Hualalai.”
The Chef Fest 2017 schedule of events (subject to change) is listed below.
Wednesday, October 4
- 8 to 10 a.m.: Paddle with Chefs (stand-up and outrigger), Alaka’i Nalu, $50
- 2 to 5 p.m.: Mixologist Showcase with Kyle Reutner, Patron Lounge at Palm Grove Pool
- 6 to 8 p.m.: Chef Fest Grand Tasting, Hoku Amphitheater, $85
- 8 to 10 p.m.: VIP After Hours with Chandra Lucariello, Waiolu Garden in The Spa, $40
Thursday, October 5
- 11 to 1 p.m.: Interactive Cooking Class with Jonathan Waxman, All Clad Cooking Academy, $95
- 2 to 4 p.m.: Interactive Cooking Class with Edward Lee, All Clad Cooking Academy, $95
- 2 to 5 p.m.: Mixologist Showcase with Julie Reiner, Patron Lounge at Palm Grove Pool
- 4 to 6 p.m.: Rare Wine Tasting of Don Weaver of Harlan Estate, ‘ULU, $150
- 6 to 9 p.m.: Chef Fest Reception & Dinner (Chefs Neal Fraser, Gabrielle Hamilton, Ivan Orkin, Fabrizio Schenardi and Thomas Bellec; Mixologists Pamela Wiznitzer and Chandra Lucariello), progressive dinner at Beach Tree, $175 with wine
Friday, October 6
- 11 to 1 p.m.: Interactive Cooking Class with Gabrielle Hamilton, All Clad Cooking Academy, $95
- 2 to 4 p.m.: Interactive Cooking Class with Ivan Orkin, All Clad Cooking Academy, $95
- 2 to 5 p.m.: Mixologist Showcase with Pamela Wiznitzer, Patron Lounge at Palm Grove Pool
- 4 to 6 p.m.: Mixology Class with Julie Reiner, Moana Terrace at ‘ULU
- 6 to 9 p.m.: Chef Fest Reception & Beach Cookout (Chefs Edward Lee, Andy Ricker, Jonathan Waxman, Christof Syre and Thomas Bellec; Mixologist Kyle Reutner), Kumukea Beach, $175 with wine and cocktails
Saturday, October 7
- 11 to 1 p.m.: Interactive Cooking Class with Andy Ricker, All Clad Cooking Academy, $95
- 2 to 4 p.m.: Interactive Cooking Class with Neal Fraser, All Clad Cooking Academy, $95
- 4 to 6 p.m.: Mixologist Showcase with Chandra Lucariello, Patron Lounge at Palm Grove Pool
- 6 to 9 p.m.: Chef Fest Reception, Gala Dinner & After-Party featuring all chefs and guest winemaker, ‘ULU, $250 with wine
Guests are invited to book the Taste of Chef Fest package including four nights of luxurious accommodations (oceanview and oceanfront accommodations available) and a Resort Credit of $150 per night that guests may apply towards any Chef Fest event(s). The Taste of Chef Fest package is available between October 2 and 10, 2017.
Chef Fest 2017’s sponsors include Southern Glazers Wine & Spirits, Patrón, HILuxury, United Airlines, Stolichnaya, Olu Kai, and All-Clad.
For reservations or tickets, call (808) 325-8000.