Ka‘ū Residents Asked to Cut Back Water Use by 10%April 20, 2017, 2:21 PM HST (Updated April 20, 2017, 2:27 PM) · 0 Comments
Due to a large demand for water and ongoing dry weather conditions, the Department of Water Supply is requesting consumers in the affected areas to reduce your daily water usage by 10%.
Listed below are some ways to conserve water to reach the 10% goal:
- Wash full loads of laundry only.
- Wash full loads of dishes only.
- Serve drinking water only when requested.
- Do not let the faucet run unnecessarily.
- When bathing, use water only to wet and rinse off.
- Do not fill the bathtub.
- Use a glass when brushing your teeth.
- Do not flush toilets unnecessarily.
- Stop lawn sprinkling.
- Stop car and boat washing.
- Stop dust control watering.
- Use drinking water wisely.
All agricultural users should keep water usage to a minimum. Irrigate only at night from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. This measure will reduce water loss due to evaporation, and minimize water system usage during peak demand.
For more information, contact the Department of Water Supply at (808) 961-8790 during normal business hours—7 a.m to 3:30 p.m.