Man Electrocuted on Puna JobsiteApril 25, 2013, 5:16 PM HST (Updated April 25, 2013, 5:16 PM) · 0 Comments
Police said a man working on a construction project in Puna died Thursday morning after apparently being electrocuted.
Police and paramedics responding to a 9:14 a.m. call found that the man had been inspecting the energized electrical system for a newly installed water tank when he received the shock.
Another man working nearby was able to turn off the power to the system, but was also injured by the current, police said. That worker, a 51-year-old resident of Honokaa, sustained only minor injuries.
The worksite was located just off Highway 11 near the North Kulani Road intersection in Mountain View.
The victim, who was not identified, was taken to Hilo Medical Center where he was pronounced dead at 10:32 a.m.
The case has been classified as an industrial accident. An autopsy has been scheduled for Friday.